The Highlights Of Spirit Week

Photo by Izzy Gamero

Corrie Anderson, Emily Klahn and Lacie Cook show off their tie dye outfits.

We’ve all been waiting for the special night of homecoming, and it definitely didn’t disappoint. Before we get too ahead of ourselves, lets look back at Spirit Week. Student Council has been planning to make this one of the best weeks of the year and it has been so exciting to see how students participated. Student council member Kaya Kimmey said, “I think that the class of 2022 will have the most spirit this week. Ever since they were freshman, they’ve been showing their love for Palmer Ridge, always being loud and involved”.

To start the week off, students got to wear some of our favorite tie dye items. After school, our upperclassman boys rallied up for the Iron Man volleyball game. There were 8 teams competing for the Golden Volleyball and to be named champions . The teams “Grandma Lovers” and “Space Ninja Laser Cats” made it to the finals; although the Grandma Lovers put up a good fight, the Space Ninja Laser Cats took a big win. The boys had a great time and so did the crowd.

When the spirit week schedule came out, it was evident that the students were the most eager for BBQ Dads day. People showed up in their favorite aprons, visors, polos and belts with khaki shorts. Our soccer team cooked up a victory against Discovery Canyon with the score of 3-0. The volleyball team also had a great showing, winning all 3 sets of their match against Vista Ridge High School.

Chase Ziegler (11), Delanie Mcmullen (10) Hawaii McLaughlin (10), and Jerry Craig (12) reveal their inner BBQ dad. Photo by Mallory Sale

Wednesday was Jersey Day and many showed up in their favorite team’s and athlete’s jerseys. This theme is often used, but also a favorite of the student body. The junior and senior girls went into battle with Powder Puff football. For the second consecutive year, the class of 2022 proudly wins powder puff 8-0.

Makenna Cook (10) and Addy Duke (10) show their support for the Broncos and The Giants. Photo by Mallory Sale

Thursday, the students got to explore the wild. Many wore camouflage, animal print, hats, sunglasses and binoculars. In the wild jungle of the hallways, there were too many Bears to count.

Jerry Craig (12) and Morgan Scarsbook (12) lead us into the wild. Photo by Mallory Sale

On Friday, the halls were filled with blue, white, yellow and black because of class color day. The day was consumed with excitement for the Homecoming assembly and football game. In the assembly, there was a performance from the Poms and cheerleaders, as well as the traditional competition of which class can sing the Fight Song with the most spirit. As predicted, the seniors won again and were awarded with the Spirit Stick. Friday night brought the big football game against Montrose High School. As both teams have been undefeated all season, it was bound to be a good game. Although we competed well, Montrose won 28-21.

The Senior section show their school pride at the Homecoming assembly. Photo by Mallory Sale

This week wouldn’t be possible without our great Student Council and staff; thank you for the time and effort put into the dance and Spirit Week.