Spring Break 2021- What’s On the Books?

Photo by Luxe Palmer

Spring Break may be right around the corner, but spring itself seems to be a bit farther away…

Last year’s spring break was a tentative and confusing time for all, as PR students got an extra week of break when the school district shut down on March 16, 2020. Those concerned about the disease canceled their plans and most everyone stayed home, waiting out the wave of COVID cases, thinking that everything would return back to normal by April. Looking back, that was clearly not the case. As we approach this year’s spring break, we have a new, seasoned approach to vacation plans and keeping safe.

Travel restrictions have been loosened significantly since last year, and some students and their families are taking the opportunity to venture out of their homes for the first time in a while. Morgan Scarsbrook (11) is “going skiing with her family in Winter Park,” while Todd Osborn (10) is “going to Florida to spend some time on the beach.” Ben Peltier (10) stated, “I’m heading out to Texas right after school lets everyone out for spring break. I’ll be hanging out with friends down there who I haven’t seen in a while and just get some breathing space from my school/work environment.”

My plan for spring break is that I will be baking cinnamon rolls for all the people who voted me as Class Baker for the senior superlative.

Marcus Cantora (12)

Other students are taking the opportunity to catch up on schoolwork and study for upcoming exams, including Aliyah Eaton (10). “My plans are to study for an AP exam and hang out at home with my family. COVID has not affected it at all. [As compared] to last spring break, [I am] hanging out with friends more often and spending time with my grandparents.” Marcus Cantorna (12) is taking the time to say “thanks” with baked goods: “My plan for spring break is that I will be baking cinnamon rolls for all the people who voted me as Class Baker for the senior superlative. Compared to last spring break, it will be a lot less exciting because my family and I went to California [last year].”

Spring break will be a time for students to catch up with school work, study for the upcoming state tests, visit friends and family, and most importantly, take some well-earned relaxation time. COVID may have messed up last year’s plans significantly, but hopefully, Spring Break 2021 will stick to the plans.