Its Official. School is Closed.

SCHOOL IS CLOSED FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR. Nobody ever thought they'd see this moment.

By Kyle Ketchell, Assistant Editor

On April 20th, Governor Jared Polis extended school closures for the remainder of the school year. LPSD will be continuing Remote Learning until the last day of school, May 22.

Although the Stay-at-Home order will be expiring soon, social distancing and limits on group gatherings will continue for several more weeks. The next phase of Governor Polis’s plan is called “Safer at home.” Coloradans will not be confined to their houses, but they will be strongly encouraged to avoid the general public.

LPSD will continue to keep their grounds closed. This includes Buildings, Fields, and Playgrounds.

Lewis Palmer School District has published this important information:

Graduations and Continuations: We are looking at alternative ways to recognize and honor our graduates and all students with meaningful end of the year celebrations, including graduations and continuations. We will share these plans as soon as they are finalized.

Summer School and ESY: More information will be available soon regarding Summer School and ESY.

End of Year: Schools will provide information in the next couple of weeks about end of year processes.

Returning D38 Chromebooks and Hotspots: Information regarding the return of D38 Chromebooks and Hotspots will be available soon.

Meal Distribution:  Meals are available to any student under 18 (student does not have to be a Free and Reduced meal recipient) Monday through Friday, 11-noon, at Palmer Lake Elementary School and Lewis-Palmer High School. The locations and times for meals at schools across the community are available at https://tinyurl.com/School-Meals.