Calling All Trackletes

Calling All Trackletes

By Madissyn Moore, Reporter

This feature is dedicated to all the trackletes that missed out on your track season this year. I’m reaching out to the seniors who were stripped of their final high school season and the freshmen who never got the chance to make varsity this year. There is an opportunity for you to showcase all of your hard work and dedication nationwide: Milesplit is offering an online contest from April 6- May 31st! This contest is called the Milesplit Virtual Classic. Basically, you can submit videos of any races under 1 mile and any field events (long jump, shot put, discus, pole vault, high jump, etc) to be qualified to rank in this national virtual meet. In any recordings of field events, you must include the measurements in the video. As for any races longer than a mile, you must time yourself and record it on Strava or another GPS tracking app. NO CHEATING! 

This is a great way to stay involved in and share the love for track with high schoolers across the nation. But please make sure you are taking caution with where you perform your events and how many people you are around when you’re recording. It is safe to have 1 or 2 people with you to help record and get your marks. Please follow the social distancing guidelines and make sure you are taking every precaution to stay healthy. Although this is a fun and exciting event, your health and safety matter the most!

The top 3 placers in each event will be mailed a medal and a t-shirt. Please feel free to email [email protected] if you are interested in participating. Palmer Ridge Bears would love to support you as you compete and we would love to see a few of our very own Bears ranked in this meet. Click the link to view the video with the rules and guidelines set for you. Go out there, have fun, and above all, be safe!